The Village of Waucoma established in 1846 by Dr. John Porter, who purchased land next to Cooksville from his
Massachusetts friend Senator Daniel Webster.Wacoma was laid out around a public square. Soon Greek Revival and Gothic Revival style houses, some of
locally fired brick, were built by Yankee settlers, along blacksmith shops, general stores, a hotel, a door and sash factory, a schoolhouse and two churches Listed in the National Register of Historic Places in 1973, Cooksville is known as a "wee bit of New
England in Wisconsin."